Monday 7 October 2013

Self-conscious Girl #1: chapter 2 My Friends and Arch-enemies

Yeah. That's my point of this chapter. As you can see, Zoe is my best friend, but I have a few other classmates that are not like her...

"Clove! Hurry up!" Zoe cries as she saw her watch.

"Now is your turn to hurry me huh? I warned you..." I teased as I sprinted to our school in pursuit for Zoe who was a few metres in front of me.

"Shut up! Just hurry up will you? We only have thirty seconds to get there before the discipline master is there!" Zoe scolds as she held on tightly to one of the straps of her bag which was sliding off her shoulder.

"Yes! Stop chiding me!" I yelled when a leaf flew right into my mouth.

Great... A time for incidents to take place. I choke heavily and I gasp as I threw the leaf out of my mouth. I slowed down but continued running right after. If my calculations were correct, I only have ten seconds left to reach school.

Thank goodness, the discipline master was only a step from the gates of the school when I ran past it in lightning speed. I pant heavily as i stepped towards the parade square where the students were already standing up in attention.

"Did you see Mr Stern's look on his face when we crossed to the safety point?" Zoe chuckles as she put her bag down with our classmates' bags.

"No, I was panting too hard, my eyesight were all blurry..."I answered sarcastically as i followed her actions.

Zoe almost laughed out loud (LOLed) but thank goodness, she covered her mouth just when the national anthem played. I checked my clothes, it was perfectly straight and tidy, like what I wanted them to be. I looked around without turning my head. No one was looking at me. Thank goodness...(i realise i use this word twice...but never mind). I opened my mouth to start the first verse of the song. Zoe also does, beside me. Right when i was singing the third verse, a leg bumped me right at my shin, causing me to fall face first onto the hard cement floor.

"Ouch!" I moaned, struggling to stand up again.

I motioned my head around, looking at anyone who was suspicious. And who was it? Of course it was Meyley, the Meyley Grace, the one with 5-inch spectacles, with a super chubby body, but still dares to be part of my arch-enemy's group, Shannon Liu's gang. I glare at her and Zoe does too. Now that is true friendship. Zoe asked whether i was all right quietly, and i reply that i am fine. I will find revenge later, Shannon, for your gang and of course and exclusively for you!

I was totally infuriated as i continued to sing the national anthem before following on to the pledge and our school song,  orchestrated by our own school's band. I was breathless when i finished singing. I glanced furiously over to Shannon Liu, who was grinning like a maniac, her face scrunched up like a maniac, with her mouth mouthing an ironic 'Har...Har...Har'. I felt like dodgeball-fast punching her in the gut, in her skull-like, hideous face multiple times. But, as there were students and teachers around, i could not even move an inch.

"Are you alright back there?" A familiar voice resounded to my ears.

"Oh...Yes sir,"I answered my worried looking form teacher, Mr Chase.

Right after he left, Shannon turned back again, with her mouth as if to say, 'Clover's a wimp! Clover's a wimp!'. I now feel like revolting her to a pile of lizard poo, or witch's pimple goo, or the most hideous thing in the world. Oh wait, isn't she hideous already?

Out of the blue, another voice came from beside me.

"You hate her do you?" A boy's voice to be exact.

"Huh, me?...You me Shannon? Yeah, of course, she's my arch-enemy," I scowl, before turning to look at who the voice belonged to.

"I understand. She picks on me when i was in kindergarten with her too," He chuckles.

My heart nearly bounced out. Me, Clover Hayley Piper, is talking to Jace Grayson, the most popular and handsome guy in school. I nearly stutter when i reply him.

'I see... She does that all the time, I  hate her till the end of my life,"I expressed on my furious spirit as i lament to Jace.

" I know that... Eh, you're Clover right? Nice to meet you, i guess we have same enemies, I'm Jace Grayson,"Jace smiled, making his eyes sparkle.

I smile like lovestruck sissy back at him. Gosh...what happened to me? Zoe slapped me out to my senses.

"What was that, Clove?" Zoe snicker, as she points to Jace, who was sitting next to me, his attention now at the teacher who was making morning announcements.

"Nothing...Just making a conversation..."I stutter, i never do that.

"Ha ha... Don't lie to me. YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH HIM..."Zoe whispered.

I sighed as i looked around in caution. Thank god Zoe didn't shout out. Otherwise, if she did, i would have withered there in embarrassment there and then.

"Yes...yes, you got me. BUT, please, just beg you, don't say that to anyone! Keep it a secret okay?"I remarked, crackling my hand into a fist that Zoe knows will get her a nosebleed for four whole days. Okay, that may be exaggerating but Zoe is scared because she is my best friend.

"Okay!" Zoe snicker, well for god's sake, just pretend scared.

I rubbed my shin where it lay with blue-black bruises on my purely milky-white skin. I got that trait for my mom and i'm grateful of it. I glance back at Shannon, who was looking with lava-hot eyes, her eyebrows scrunched together uglily. I almost LOLed!

"What she's doing now?" I took the oppurtunity to ask Jace.

"She looks like she's jealous or something. Jealous of what?"Jace pumps a question back to me.

"No idea. I have no idea why she would be jealous of me, the person she always bullies..."I replied sarcastically, causing both Jace and me to crack up.

The teachers look at us with menacing looks, so we straighten back up.

"Nice, Clover. Nice,"Jace smiles warmly at me and i nearly melt  into nothingness.

I followed Shannon's cold gaze. It matches in between me and Jace. That, I know one thing, Shannon is jealous of me and Jace talking together. I prepare for the worse during break time. I sigh at the thought. Can't i just hang out with other people without Shannon Liu in between?

4 comments:

  1. I like this... I sense a couple brewing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keke... I'm a fan! Is the new couple's name gonna be Jacer or Clace?

    ReplyDelete